NZ Adelaar Colonial Ware Pot (12094)
In great condition - 150mm diameter and 120mm high.
Cameron Brown Snr and his wife Dorothy established Sherwood Potteries in the Waitakeres in about 1951. In 1958 they moved to new premises in Henderson. Around this time the pottery was re-named Titian Studio. In 1966 the business moved again, this time to larger premises at Takanini. The family sold shares to fund expansion. The shares were bought up by Crown Lynn Potteries and by about 1968 Crown Lynn had taken over Titian Potteries. The Brown family remained at the Titian factory under the control of Crown Lynn for a time, but then set up the beginnings of Orzel Potteries in the family garage.
They then left Crown Lynn/Titian and developed a busy and successful business of their own, selling under the brands Orzel, Aquila and Adelaar.